I have let my own kids do most of these things (no spear throwing in the house please!) and some other things that some would consider ‘dangerous’ like walking to school alone, sleeping outside without a tent, sticking an M&M up their nose (what will happen? I don’t know, why don’t you find out.), and swimming across a lake. (WTF is happening to us as a society?)
Sometimes, I don’t think we do the dangerous things that help us become more creative, daring, and resilient.
So, here’s 6 dangerous things you can do:
- Blog. Naked….not literally of course. That would just be wrong. But write. Like you’re naked. Nothing like putting yourself out there to develop professionally in your chosen field.
- Take your own courses. Yup, you know the ones.
- Sit in your learners cube for a day. Observe. Take notes. Go home. Drink wine. Return to work and make the experience productive. (I always thought of this as not being part of the problem.)
- Make a list of everything you wish you could try (or want to try) at work and post it so you have to look at it every day.
- Do something from your list and explain it later.
- Network because your next job comes from here.