I am listening to Marc Rosenberg and Pat McLagan’s presentation on Future Trends in Training and Development via and ASTD (American Society for Training and Development) webcast sponsored by Learn.com.
Marc identified six trends:
- Learning will evolve beyond training.
- Blended learning will be redefined.
- Learning will move to the workplace.
- Learning and e-learning will be less course-centric and more knowledge-centric.
- Learning strategies will adapt differently to different levels of mastery.
- “Web 2.0” will revolutionize learning.
Pat focused on the sea of change we are all dealing with.
My main takeaways: Learning professionals need to wake up and smell the ginormous cup of coffee. Â And, learning professionals need to be able to help their learners become learning professionals. Ahaa!